London Beach Volleyball Club (LBVC) formed during the summer of 2006, and affiliated with Volleyball England in July 2007.
Historically LBVC has offered a club memberships to junior and adult players during the summer beach volleyball season from around April through to September. This membership enabled players to attend weekly coaching and social play sessions at Shoreditch Park Court and Leyton Score Centre. LBVC outsourced the coaching services to our professional partners SideOut in 2013 and 2014.
The London beach volleyball scene has changed significantly in the last 10 years, as has life in London. Our committee consists of a small team of working professional who have limited time but are still deeply passionate about the game and the club. In 2014, we ran at loss as we didn’t have the resources (people, technology) to administrate club memberships. We also were unable to reopen registration mid-season to accommodate new players.
In 2015, LBVC took a new direction to become a social club only. The focus of club activities are; to offer daily social play sessions, beach tournament and social events. We continue to manage the uses of Shoreditch Park Court, with a key focus on engaging the local community and promoting beach volleyball.
SideOut Beach Volleyball Club offer a membership independently of LBVC to enable players to attend weekly coaching sessions. Over the years, SideOut co-founders have contributed significantly to London Beach Volleyball scene and we therefore believe that this organisation is best equip to offer players a memberships for weekly coaching sessions.
That all people wanting to play beach volleyball, improve their skill set and get high quality coaching in Hackney and throughout London, have the opportunity to do so.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the club are:
- to offer social play and competitive opportunities in Beach Volleyball
- to promote Beach Volleyball within the local community across different London Boroughs
- to manage club use of the sand court in Shoreditch Park
- use technology to manage our club and future projects to reduce the dependence on volunteers
- to ensure a duty of care to all members of the club
- to provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone and promotes social inclusion
- to ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment
- to add value to the beach volleyball community by fairly prompting other organisations
- Time running: since summer 2007
- Number of venues used for sessions: 2
- Number of Members: 52 members in 2016
- Number of supporters/visitors: 1760 likes on our Facebook page